Don’t become beholden to the old way of doing things or a prisoner to antiquated systems and processes. You are free to find the solutions that work for your organisation. Together let’s liberate your thinking and disrupt the status quo.
I can help you develop management systems that will work for you, in a way that fits with the culture and values of your organisation.
Just like people, no two organisations are the same. Don’t fall for glossy ‘off the shelf’ models and systems. It’s more important that what you do and the way you do it fits in with your DNA rather than some bland policy document.
Your management systems need to align with your values, do what you need them to do and be people centric. If you care about your people, don’t inflict death by policy on them.
I will help you design systems that are:
- Values Driven,
- People Focused.
Why “The Optimistic Cynic”
Optimistic by nature, cynical by experience.
- I’m a passionate believer that people basically want to do good. It’s not always easy but with the right support, values and information I know we can do more.
- I know we can overcome just about every obstacle life throws in our way. Together we can be resilient, adaptable and creative.
- There’s beauty all around us, sometimes we just need to be reminded where to look.
- Life isn’t a fairy tale though. We need to be strong, question what’s around us and be pragmatic. As the man said, there is no such thing as a free lunch.
- ‘Yes, but…’ is a legitimate tool to test our thinking, we need our devil advocates.
- The optimist needs a cynic, and the cynic needs an optimist. Ying and yang working together.
I latched onto this name from my experiences with the disability sector and it grew from there. We have so much potential to provide everyone with a great life but when systems control us, innovation dies out. People believe in equality but don’t always treat people equally. Disability has taught me that we can always do better.
Check out what people are saying about my services: testimonials